Monday, April 22, 2013

Teresa Ruch Designs


The 2013 ANWG NW Weavers Conference Marketplace Mall will be June 20-22, Carver Gym, Western Washington Univeristy, Bellingham, WA.  During the next few weeks we will be featuring some of our outstanding merchants on our blog.

This week we are featuring our Marketplace Mall merchant  -- Teresa Ruch Designs.


I have a passion for color. I express this in hand dyed yarn that can be used in weaving, knitting and fibers for spinning. I started dyeing yarns because I could not find full saturated colors that I wanted to weave with.
I found that I enjoyed the instant gratification I received with dyeing while weaving takes longer for the end results. I soon had more yarns that I could weave so I started selling. 


I specialize in dyed tencel fibers. Tencel is a fiber from junk trees that grow in poor soil with little water and uses a chemical to process. This chemical must be filter and reused to qualify for the tencel/lyocell name. It is considered to be renewal and environmental friendly product. I import this white yarn from Canada in bulk, skein and dye it in my SE Portland, OR studio. I carry several weights, 3/2, 5/2, 10/2 and 20/2 (for knitters this is DK/Sport weight to a lace cobweb). 

My yarns are painted/dyed in shades of one color or multiply colors that create a dappled look in knitted lace or an ikat impression when woven. As a special introduction I am offering 6 yard warps that can be woven into 2 scarves and weft that will blend with them. Living in the Pacific Northwest I feel we need color in our lives. I also have bamboo, silk, wool and various spinning/felting fibers. Come join the fun.


The public is invited to shop during all Marketplace Mall open hours.  The Marketplace Mall open hours will be  Thursday, June 20 - 12 noon—6 p.m.,  Friday, June 21 - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, June 22 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment